Saturday, September 7, 2013

Crazy year

This has been a crazy year. Working three jobs is very tiring. I am realizing that I am not as young as I used to be. Of course, then again, who is?  I don't even know where to start. Book 2 is coming along nicely with my coauthor, Jean Joachim. My trainer at the gym is whooping me. I am slowly losing weight, unfortunately, working as much as I do, I can't workout as much as I would like to.

Those who know me, know my friends are very important to me. I try to call them as often as possible; which unfortunately, lately hasn't been as often as I would like. I did talk to a great friend today. I used to talk to him everyday, but with marriage, two kids on his part, and work, I call him about once every two or three weeks. I am trying to get in the habit of calling him at least once a week though. I also hung out with another old friend. We went to REI and looked around at more gear for the AT hike. Luch was at Twin Peaks in Buckhead, which is a really good restaurant.

The AT thru-hike is probably going to become an AT section hike, as my wife says she can't handle me being gone that long. Either way, thru-hike or section-hike, it will be an accomplishment.

Contact me and let me know how you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment